Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blue Ombré Dresser and Patriotic Decorations

I'm so excited to share this fun dresser with you today!


The best part about this makeover was working with my friend's daughter, Abbie. My good friend approached me about teaching her daughter how to paint furniture and I was beyond excited! And can I just say, Abbie is amazing! She caught on so quickly and worked diligently on her dresser! I loved watching her learn, feel pride in her work, and satisfied with the outcome. It was such a reward for me! I think she might have caught a little bit of the painting bug too :)

Here it is before we started...


Here it is all dolled up with a patriotic sign I made on Memorial Day and some bunting flags I made for my brother and sister-in-law's baby shower. I felt like this was a fun way to stage this piece since we just had Memorial Day and the 4th of July is right around the corner! But I honestly love Americana Decor for any time of the year...


Here's a close up of my flag sign. I used this sign to experiment a bit with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint, since I've never used it before. I love am in love with the chippyness and crackling that happened with I used the Milk Paint! I used the Eulalie's Sky color followed by Linen and then painted the red and blue with latex paint I had in my stash...




5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and they really pop with colors of the flags and signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ombre look of the dresser! And the flag sign is beautiful - love the rustic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have given correct information to people in this blog. Buy Home Decor Products Online at Make in Modern - Get the Best Home Décor Accessories Online at Great Prices.

    (1)Vintage & Retro Style Golden Shade E27 Edison Table Light Lamp.
    (2)Century Style Walnut Colour Coffee Table with Black Metal Frame.

    ReplyDelete