Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kaylee's Dresser

This is going to be a quick post this week because life has been busy for us recently! My brother and his wife welcomed their first child (Jordan) in to their lives! Eeee I'm so excited to be an Auntie and I just can't wait to meet him! Then there was Easter on Sunday and Monday, Chris and I celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss! Seriously though, I love being married to my best friend, I am truly blessed! So phew it's been a busy and blessed week!

I figured I show a few pics of a dresser I did awhile ago for Kaylee's room. Here's the before pic...


And here's how it looks now…

I sanded and stained the top with a dark walnut stain. I painted the body of the dresser a creamy white color and cleaned up and reused the brass and cream hardware. Here are a few more pics…

I really love how the top of this dresser turned out! Staining the top of a dresser is one of my favorite things to do when refinishing. Not only is it beautiful but extremely durable, perfect for a toddler's bedroom!

I am considering making some changes to this dresser. I love the way it looks now but I'm thinking of painting the drawers a different color just to add a little more interest to this piece. I just got some Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint the color is Eulalie's Sky (a blue-green shade) and I'm dying to try it. What do you think? Should I paint the drawers? Im thinking of replacing the hardware as well, especially if I paint it.


Well that's all for now! I'm getting geared up for the Giveaway! Hoping to be ready for that next week!

Linked up to: Missmustardseed.com and tatertotsandjello.com

1 comment:

  1. You have given correct information to people in this blog. Buy Home Decor Products Online at Make in Modern - Get the Best Home Décor Accessories Online at Great Prices.

    (1)Exquisite Hand Painted Glass Bottle.
    (2)Square Pyramid Off-White Fabric Table Lamp With Glossy Black Wooden Base.

    ReplyDelete