Thursday, March 20, 2014

You should start a hobby...

So here goes nothing... My first blog post! A lot has happened in the last few months and years that have led me to this moment. But I think it all started with four little words "you should start a hobby" (I guess that's actually five little words) but anyway when I first had my son and decided I was going to stay home with him it was a HUGE change for me. Don't get me wrong I think it's an amazing blessing to be a stay at home mom and I know there are so many women out there that would love to stay home with their little ones but I was so used to going to work. I was used to feeling "productive" and one day as I was discussing my feelings with my hubby he suggested to me " you should find a hobby". I'm pretty sure he regrets that little sentence sometimes because before long I started painting basically every piece of furniture we owned! Painting furniture was not necessarily new to me I have been drawn to it ever since I was little, probably since I watched my mom decorate and then redecorate our house over and over. I guess it's in our blood! My mom gave me freedom to decorate my room in any way I liked and I had this sweet little wicker chair that I spray painted who knows how many times! In college my roommates thought I was crazy when I painted a dining room set my dad found for me at goodwill. I'm not sure what it is exactly about painting I love so much. It's the whole process of transformation that I think I'm drawn too. Seeing new possibilities in something it just gets me excited! I'm definitely drawn to older pieces and I love to go treasure hunting for furniture and pretty much any and everything else at thrift stores, estates sales, and garage sales. I'm hoping this blog will be a place where I can share what I'm working on and get inspired by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment